- About us
- Information for patients
- Patient information
- Preparing for your test
- Appointments for special tests
- Patient self-requested testing
- My test results
- Payments and charges
- Warfarin Dosing Service (Wairarapa patients only)
- Harmony -- pre-natal testing
- Useful links
- Collection centres
- Commercial testing
- Clinician information
- Clinician information
- Pathology test guide
- Result reporting
- Requesting tests
- Your practice support
- Newsletters for clinicians
- Harmony NIPT
- Clinical Data Repository (CDR) information
- eLab: online test ordering
- Warfarin Dosing Service (Wairarapa clinicians only)
- Infection control
- Contact us
Wellington SCL is a modern diagnostic laboratory offering a full range of community and hospital pathology services to the Wellington and Wairarapa regions. We operate 28 collection centres and 4 testing laboratories throughout the region. Wellington SCL was established on 1 November 2015, and is owned by Southern Community Laboratories - New Zealand's largest network of diagnostic laboratories.
The services we offer
- Molecular Pathology
- Blood bank
- Phlebotomy -- specimen collection service
- Specimen referral service for esoteric testing
As an medical laboratory we:
- collect and transport specimens
- test, analyse and report on them
- provide expert advice and consultation.
We employ around 300 staff in our laboratories in our collection centres through the greater Wellington and Wairarapa regions.
Everyday about 3000 patient samples get registered in our laboratory and we undertake about 15,000 pathology tests.
Wellington SCL - Wairarapa Hospital Laboratory
Wellington SCL - Wellington and Kenepuru Hospital Laboratories
Who we work with
We are committed to providing the highest quality, community pathology service to:
- Medical practitioners, including general practitioners and specialists
- Midwives, nurse practitioners and smear takers
- Insurance companies and immigration medical assessors
- Individuals who wish to self-request tests
- Employers for workplace testing and pre-employment testing
- Commercial work, research projects, clinical trials and surveys
- Alternative health providers
Our service strengths
- Our staff: Our staff are key to our quality service. We pride ourselves on their experience, technical skill and clinical expertise.
- Facilities: We have a modern medical laboratory and equipment with robust procedures and processes.
- Quality: We provide a comprehensive range of quality testing with a prompt turnaround time for reporting accurate results.
- Location: Our collection centres cover the region from Wellington South to the Kapiti Coast (Paraparaumu and Waikanae) the Hutt Valley, Wairarapa and many points in between.
- Efficiency: Our courier team operates to a coordinated schedule designed for the timely and reliable delivery of specimens to our central testing laboratory.
- Expertise: Our specialist pathologists possess the clinical expertise, knowledge and professional excellence to provide expert advice to the medical community.
- Dedication: We are dedicated to continuous improvement whilst remaining committed to our Mission and Values, confidentiality requirements and ethical considerations.