How to prepare for a chlamydia urine test
- Obtain a container and plastic bag from your doctor or nearest Aotea Pathology rooms.
- Do not urinate for at least two hours before collection.
- Do not collect sample if menstruating.
- Half fill the container with urine then pass the rest of the urine into the toilet.
- Securely fasten the lid of the container.
- Label the container with your name, date of birth and the date and time of collection.
- Put the container and the request form from your doctor into the plastic bag.
- Take the specimen to your doctor or nearest Aotea Pathology rooms within 24 hours.
Download the PDF here