How to prepare for a chlamydia urine test
- Obtain a sterile container and plastic bag from your doctor or nearest Aotea Pathology rooms.
- Do not urinate for at least one hour before collection.
- Do not collect sample if menstruating.
- Half fill the container with urine then pass the rest of the urine into the toilet.
- Securely fasten the lid of the container.
- Label the container with your full name, date of birth and the date and time of collection.
- Put the container and the request form from your doctor into the plastic bag.
- Take the specimen to your doctor or nearest Aotea Pathology rooms within 24 hours.
Print this page or download PDF
Download the PDF here
Click here to view these instructions in other languages