Your doctor has asked us to perform a glucose tolerance test for you.
An appointment is needed for this test, so please phone the laboratory on (04) 381 5900 or email email@example.com to book, or if you need any further information.
- Take no food or drink (expect water) after 9pm the night before the test.
- If you are on medication, take your pills as usual with water.
- Do not take part in extreme activities (such as gym activities or running) immediately prior to the test on the morning of the test.
- Come to the laboratory at the appointed time. The process takes about two hours.
- Please remain at the collection room in a resting state during the two hours. You may like to bring a book to read. Smoking is not permitted as it may affect the test result. No food or drink may be consumed during the two hour period.
- We start the procedure first thing in the morning and take the first blood test while you are in the fasting state
- We’ll give you a glucose drink immediately after the first test.
- Further blood samples will be taken at specific intervals
- If you feel unwell during the test, please inform our staff.
- We send the results directly to your doctor the next working day.